What makes a successful EDM event?

Monday, May 20, 2013

Blog 25: Mentorship

Mentorship
Literal:
Interpretive:
  • I gained a lot over the course of the year with my mentor. The most important thing i gained from my mentor would have to be that of all of the things needed in order to produce a song. I gained so much valuable information on how to produce your own songs over the course of the year. I gained so much information that i can now use when i start making my own songs and edits. Not only that but also all the experience and first hand experience he has from DJing helped me see how things have to be done and all the preparation that goes days before the event and the things that have to be done that same day of the event. I learned things can be hectic but in the end can be rewarding especially if you enjoy doing what you do.
Applied:
  • The type of music played at Electronic Dance Music events plays a huge prominent role in the success of the majority of EDM events. I constantly witnessed how my mentor had to keep changing and catering to new sounds and the new styles that came out with bigger name artists. I saw how much preparation and promotion is taken and needed in order to ensure success of the night, especially when I went to one of his gigs. Artist play this huge role of attracting people to the event, without them the night would more or less fail. The DJ's/ Artists are defined and known for their music, just like my mentor they have a set of people who follow them and play a huge part in ensuring the success of the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment